The following is an important notice from Lanark County Ontario Works.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: SEPTEMBER ONTARIO WORKS CHEQUES ARE NOT BEING MAILED
Due to the uncertainty of Canada Post mail service at this time, Lanark County Ontario Works will NOT be issuing any payments by mail.
PAYMENT BY CHEQUE:
If you are expecting payment by cheque, you may pick it up at your Ontario Works office in Perth, Smiths Fall or Carleton Place starting August 31st as follows:
- August 31st between 9:00 am & 4:00 pm
- September 1st between 9:00 am & 4:00 pm
- September 2nd between 9:00 am & 4:00 pm
- Proper identification is required at time of cheque pick
- Your cheque will be sent to the town in your mailing address
PAYMENT BY DIRECT BANK DEPOSIT:
If you receive your payment by Direct Bank Deposit (DBD) you should not experience any delay in your payment.
Drug stores will honour your August 2016 drug card for September. As soon as the threat of a labour disruption is cleared, your September statements will be mailed.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at 613-267-4200 ext. 2140, or toll free 1-888-952-6275.