Lyle Pederson was re-elected as Chair of the Rideau Valley Conservation Authority's Board at its Annual General Meeting, held last Thursday.
He is the representative for Elizabethtown-Kitley, has been a member for six years and is currently serving his third year as Chair.
Ed Hand was re-elected Vice-Chair. Hand has been a member since 2008 and is one of the six appointed representatives from the City of Ottawa.
The RVCA Board is comprised of 22 representatives from its 18 member municipalities. Among them:
- Beckwith - Sharon Mousseau;
- Central Frontenac - Victor Heese;
- Drummond/North Elmsley - Ray Scissons;
- Merrickville-Wolford - Anne Barr;
- Montague - Vince Carroll;
- Perth, Judy Brown;
- Rideau Lakes - Jeff Banks;
- Smiths Falls - Joe Gallipeau;
- Tay Valley - Brian Campbell;
- Westport - Gerald Schwinghamer.
The Board is responsible for making policy, budget and regulatory decisions regarding the Authority’s watershed management activities.