Haunted House returns to Crystal Palace for Halloween – OPP offers tips for a safe night of trick or treating
If the forecast holds and it is raining this evening, then you’re invited for some indoor Halloween fun courtesy the OPP and the Civitan Club of Perth.
They are again holding a haunted house at the Crystal Palace in Perth and all are invited for some spooky fun. It runs from 6 until 8 and features one side for younger trick or treaters, and another for older, braver, ones.
Lanark OPP will be haunting the Basin site throughout the evening to make sure it’s a safe evening for one and all.
Should you decide to brave the elements and go trick or treating, here are some helpful tips from the OPP to ensure the night is a good one.
• Carry a flashlight and select a costume with bright colours and reflective material to increase visibility to drivers;
• Use makeup instead of masks. Masks can reduce one’s ability to see obstacles, vehicles and other people Avoid baggy, long and oversized costumes that can be a tripping hazard
• Walk, don’t run and remember to stop, look and listen before crossing the street;
• Never criss-cross the street. Cross at crosswalks or intersections. Call on one side of the street, then the other;
• Never trick or treat alone; go in a group or with an adult;
• If trick or treating with friends tell your parents/guardians your route and when you will be home;
• Stay in familiar neighbourhoods and only go to homes that are well lit and that are participating in Halloween;
• Never go inside a house to get your treat; and,
• Always have your treats checked by an adult before eating them.
Drivers are also reminded to drive with caution and be on the lookout for trick or treaters as the evening unfolds.