Couple charged with firearm and drugs offenses in Smiths Falls and Montague
The OPP reports that search warrants were executed in Montague Township and the Town of Smiths Falls on Wednesday by members of their Community Street Crime Units from Ottawa, Leeds-Grenville and Lanark Detachments, with the assistance of Tactics and Rescue Unit, Emergency Response Team and with the collaboration and partnership of the Smiths Falls Police Service.
Numerous items were seized at both warrant locations on Blinkhorn Lane in Montague Township and Pearl Street in the Town of Smiths Falls including:
- an SKS assault rifle
- a quantity of suspected Cocaine (street value of $7,200)
- over 200 tablets of suspected Methamphetamine
- a 45 caliber pistol with magazine containing ammunition
- over $1300 cash
Shaun SCOTT, age 29, of Smiths Falls, Ontario was charged with:
- Possession of an Unauthorized Firearm – S.91(1) Criminal Code (CC)
- Possession of a Restricted Firearms – S. 92(2) CC
- Possession of Prohibited Device – S. 92(2) CC (2 counts)
- Careless Storage of Firearm – S. 86(1) CC (2 counts)
- Possession of Ammunition- S. 92(2) CC
- Possession of Schedule II Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking – S. 5(2) Controlled Drugs & Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 – S. 355 CC
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Perth.
Tabitha FINDLEY, age 31 of Smiths Falls, Ontario was charged with:
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm – S. 92(2) CC
- Possession of Prohibited Device – S. 92(2) CC
- Careless Storage of Firearm – S. 86(1) CC
The accused was released from custody on an Undertaking with a scheduled court date of February 10, 2020 at the Ontario Court of Justice in Perth.
Copyright © 2019 Lake 88. All rights reserved.