LGL Health Unit outlines available services for the long-weekend
The following services will be available over Easter Weekend – Friday, April 2 to Monday, April 5, 2021 :
- Health Unit phone lines will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call 1-800-660-5853
- The local Leeds, Grenville, Lanark COVID-19 Vaccine Booking Centre will be closed on Friday, April 2 and Sunday, April 4. It will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 3 and Monday, April 5 for individuals 70+, and individuals in other eligible groups wishing to book an appointment for COVID-19 vaccine. Call 1-844-369-1234.
o The call centre is receiving a high volume of calls at our local centre due to the addition of the 70+ age group
o Waiting until later in the day or the next day to book would make it easier to get through
- The Provincial Vaccine Information Line will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. for individuals 70+ wishing to book an appointment for COVID-19 vaccine. Call 1-888-999-6488 or visit www.ontario.ca/bookvaccine. We will be adding more appointments to the provincial booking system next week (for appointments in May) – you can access the provincial website and call centre again next week to book local appointments
- Case and Contact staff will be working to complete case management and contact tracing for positive cases of COVID-19
- Outbreak staff will be working to manage suspect and confirmed outbreaks of COVID-19
- COVID-19 vaccine clinics will operate as follows for booked appointments:
o Friday April 2 Almonte and Brockville
o Saturday April 3 Smiths Falls and Kemptville
o Sunday April 4 – no clinics
o Monday April 5 – Almonte and Kemptville
- Local Assessment Centres will be open as follows:
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily with phone messages retrieved from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily
- Friday April 2: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Saturday April 3: Closed
- Sunday April 4: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Monday April 5: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
o Smiths Falls
- Friday April 2: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday April 3: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday April 4: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Monday April 5: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily
Information about Health Unit services is available by visiting https://healthunit.org/service-changes/ or follow us on Facebook and Twitter @LGLHealthunit.
Well water testing sample will not be accepted April 1, 2 and 5th. Regular well water sampling will resume April 6th, 2021.