Suspect in mid-July crime spree makes court appearance
The man charged in connection with a string of events that started with a car-jacking at gunpoint in Smiths Falls, included an armed robbery in Carleton Place, and ended with spike strips being deployed to stop the suspect’s stolen vehicle west of Perth, made a court appearance yesterday, Thursday, July 29th
A show cause hearing for Dylan Meulmeester was held via Audio Conference. The suspect took part from the Brockville Jail.
He is charged with a slew of criminal code offenses. Lanark County OPP laid the following charges against the 28 year-old Ottawa man:
- Dangerous Operation CC sec. 320.13(1)
- Failure to comply with release order CC sec. 145(5)(a) – 12 Counts
- Flight from peace officer CC sec. 320.17
- Imitation Firearm – Use while committing offence CC sec.85(2)(a)
- Operation while impaired CC sec.320.14(1)(a)
- Operation while impaired (over 80) CC sec.320.14(1)(b)
- Operation while prohibited under the Criminal Code CC sec.320.18(1)(a)
- Pointing a firearm CC sec.87
- Possession of firearm contrary to prohibition order CC sec.117.01(1)
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose CC sec.88
Meulmeester was arrested on July 14th.
His council Katrina Douglas told the Court the suspect has been accepted at a residential treatment centre, so they are waiting on a bed and working out a bail plan.
Douglas asked that the matter over until August 6th so they can complete that process.