Lake 88 Website and Social Media Comment Policy
Lake 88 encourages public interaction and healthy discussion about content posted on our official website, lake88.ca and through our social media accounts.
This does not mean that Lake 88 agrees with or accepts the content, opinions, or views expressed within any public comment. The person who posts a comment is solely responsible for the content of the comment and does not represent Lake 88 whatsoever.
We also reserve the right to remove or not approve any comment deemed inappropriate at our discretion. All comments submitted to our website are reviewed before posting, usually between the hours of 5 A.M and 6 P.M. Comments left on posts may not appear for several hours after they have been left.
Comments left on our social media sites are also moderated.
Lake 88 reserves the right to remove or delete comments if they contain:
- Personal attacks of any kind, including the use of offensive terms that target specific individuals, groups, or other posters on the page
- Abusive, vulgar, obscene, racist, threatening, or harassing content
- Libel, or slander
- Links to other media organizations
- Spam, including content that promotes products or services
- Unsupported accusations or claims
- Off topic subjects
Use of Lake 88’s social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) may require a membership that subjects users to policies, requirements, or rules beyond our control.
Should you have any questions about this policy, please call 613-264-8811 and ask to speak with the News Director or Station Manager.